Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

April 1st.
My birthday.
No joke.

It started off a little rocky. I woke up to a whiny little girl and a screaming little boy. Sophia "accidently" kicked me in the back during one of her morning fits. The line at Starbucks was out the door. I was running late. I spilled hot coffee all over myself. I was tired and a bit crabby.

It's amazing how a day can start off like you just want to bury your head under the covers and end the exact opposite.

Dan, the kids, my family, and friends SURPRISED me tonight with a pizza party complete with frolicking kids, beer, cupcakes, balloons and, most importantly, lots of love. I am one lucky woman. As much as I dislike being the center of attention :), it was so fun seeing so many of my loved ones in one room, all gathered together to celebrate ME!

Geesh. I'm still at a loss for words. So, I will end with just two...

THANK YOU!

(It really meant the world to me.)

1 comment:

Wiken's said...

If anyone deserves a party....it's you!