Sunday, November 11, 2007

Illini Hangover


Happy Sunday to everyone reading the Kaplan BLOG. I think the state where the University of Illinois is most appreciated, other than in Illinois, is Oregon. My neighbors all watched Illinois play yesterday. They hoped and prayed that David could beat Goliath. Man, what a game. I don't remember a college football game outcome that so drastically changed the BCS outlook. I'll take this opportunity to mention that the BCS system is silly. There needs to be a playoff. I'll rant about that another time -- since this is a family blog...:-)

Sophia watched the beginning of the game with me. She said, with much enthusiasm, "TOUCHDOWN" when the Buckeyes scored on their opening drive. Someday she'll understand better who the good guys are. For now, it tickles me that she loves to watch football. After the game, we called Nana and Bapa Kaplan and Sophia left a spirited message "Go Illini". Love it.

Megan and I went out last night for dinner. Sophia stayed home with Grammy Wada. They watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Wizard of Oz. Apparently, Sophia enjoyed them both, but was a little scared of the wicked witch. Meg and I think that is appropriate as we are both still scared of her, too. Anyway, Meg had regular, strong contractions at the restaurant. We got concerned that labor was imminent, but the contractions faded as Megan ate her loaded potato skins. Mmmmmm. Yum. I ate some too. I think Nate will be joining us soon. We'll keep you posted.

No comments: